The main research problem of the Planetary Project is providing an opportunity for harmonious global development in interaction between environmental and social-economic subsystems. This formulation becomes possible provided there is recognition of the inevitability of global development harmonisation as a tool of resolving global problems of modern civilisation and saving the biosphere.
Planetary Project logic:
- identifying the most important global problems;
- recognising their fundamental resolvability;
- proclaiming the planetary scale of the activity, and the necessity for global human unification;
- formulating basic hypotheses;
- formulating key principles of planetary integration;
- recognising the possibility of creating a single human civilisation able to develop in harmony with nature;
- determining means and mechanisms of global problem solving and planetary integration;
- forecasting and programming prospects of planetary civilisation according to the new evolutionary scenario.